Stacey Simmons is a visionary, and if you haven’t heard of her yet (she recently made Fast Company’s list of the 100 most creative people in business), you will soon.
When I asked her to be in the book, she mentioned her horse for the photo... I loved the idea!!
Stacey learned to ride on Trigger before owning him, and fate decided that she would rescue the horse after Katrina, bringing him to her adopted Baton Rouge.
Since the pictures for the book had to be taken in New Orleans, Stacey took it upon herself to put the horse in a trailer and bring him for one day to City Park where he used to live. Needless to say, I was thrilled!
The horse behaved wonderfully except when I asked Stacey to remove his halter (what do I know?!) and Trigger started to take a stroll on his own. We barely avoided a disaster...
There aren’t many walls in City Park, but the one we finally settled on is both beautiful and meaningful; just perfect: the levee!

By-the-Way, in case you saw the picture on facebook, Trigger has one brown eye, and one blue.

No comments:
Post a Comment