Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Big Al Carson

March 5, 2009.

Meeting Big Al Carson brought a big smile to my face: HE was all smiles during his photoshoot, and his smile was BIG, as someone who embraces life to its fullest. At least, that‘s the impression I got from him. So, of course, there is a big smile in his picture. However, when I called to get his story a few months later, what I got was rather chilling. Big Al actually shared two anecdotes, and here is the one that didn’t make it into the book: Al worked for the coroner’s office for 9 years. One day, he received a call about someone who committed suicide. As he was collecting the information, he slowly realized that he knew the address of the victim, so he asked for a name: it was his best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment